We aim to put our children at the center of their own learning and place great emphasis on nurturing skills and attitudes such as resourcefulness, resilience and co-operation. Through the practical life activities, your child learns valuable skills he/she can use in daily life such as setting a table, brushing teeth, and caring for plants. While your child learns number of important abilities, including:
- fine and gross motor skills
- a sense of order
” Did you know? Most brains are the same at birth but can be dramatically different by the age of two.”
Practical life activities encourage independence, social skills and stimulate real concentration in your preschool child.
The sensorial curriculum focuses on the development and refinement of your child’s senses. The activities and materials in the sensorial curriculum help your child develop recognition of differences in color, brightness, depth, loudness, tone, texture, and all of the other sensory difference that humans experience.
The culture and science curriculum gives your child the opportunity to learn about the world and his/her place in it, working with activities in geography, history, botany, zoology and chemistry. These activities appeal to your child’s sense of exploration and will foster a love of learning. Together you will gain an appreciation for the beauty of the world, its inhabitants, and the way it works.
Children learn best through play-based learning and here at Kangaroo Kids, children are at the heart of everything we do.
The Language Art curriculum focuses on the pivotal components of language- oral development, writing, parts of speech and reading. The easy to implement activities carefully build your child’s understanding of language in a methodical and logical system. As you work with your child on these activities, he/she will quickly develop a love of language and the skills required to read confidently. Some of the proven learning outcomes of the language art curriculum include:
- learning the phonetic sounds of letter
- recognizing the written symbols of letters
- combining phonetic sounds to create words
- practicing the fine motor skills required for holding a pencil and writing
- writing letters, words and sentences reading short phonetic words
- identifying and applying reading concepts (blends, long vowel sounds, digraphs, etc.)
- recognizing sight words reading sentences and stories
- understanding the function of the part of speech
- composing creative stories
Montessori is a significant opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of young children and their families, at a time when it matters most.
Using a range of specifically designed Montessori material, the activities in the Mathematics curriculum provide your child with a strong understanding of mathematics and develop his/her skills in logic and abstract thought. Some of the proven learning outcomes of the Montessori Mathematics curriculum include:
- understanding the concept of quantities
- recognizing the written symbols of numbers
- comprehending place values from unit to 1,000s
- memorizing basic math facts in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
“Kangaroo Kids offers an environment where each child is encouraged to learn and develop at their own pace”